5-minute green sauce made with parsley, lemon, olive oil, and almonds all pulsed together in a food processor. It's delicious on chicken, fish, and steak!
When I first made this green sauce I couldn't believe how easy it was and how delicious it turned out. It made each bite of the chicken I put it on even more amazing. You could use it on steak for a refreshing contrast or fish for a light accompaniment. You can even use this green sauce recipe on pasta or drizzle it on roasted veggies.
How to make green sauce
As you can imagine, since this is a 5 minute green sauce recipe, the instructions are going to be short. Here they are:
- Put the parsley, lemon juice, almonds, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stream a little more olive oil in the processor in order to get a smooth consistency. Add a little more salt to taste if it's needed.
...and that it folks!
Ideas for using this 5-minute green sauce recipe
And now for some thoughts on what you can use this sauce for.
- Dressing for pasta salad
- Drizzled on roasted veggies
- Topping for chicken, steak, fish, pork, or shrimp
- Sauce for sandwiches
- Crispy Air Fried Chicken Wings
- Drizzled on top of Cauliflower Pizza or Waffle Iron Pizza
For all you meal preppers out there, this green sauce is one thing you can't leave out. When you make meals for the week, put this sauce on the side for an exciting extra zing for your lunch or dinner.
How to store
I like to make a jar of this and stick in in the refrigerator for the week. That way, anything I decide to make for dinner or lunch can get a little drizzle of this tasty sauce.
I also like to make an extra big batch and use my silicone mold with small squares (or ice cube tray) to freeze them. Pop them out when they're frozen and put them in a bag for easier storage. Personally, this is my favorite way to store sauces. You can make a bunch at once, freeze them, and have them handy when you're ready to make dinner.
You may also like...
If you like this sauce, take a look at How To Make the Perfect Pesto too!
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Add the parsley, garlic, almonds, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
You can leave out the garlic for a more mild sauce if your meal is especially flavorful to provide a nice balance.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g