Soft and chewy brownies with chocolate chips and toasted walnuts practically melt in your mouth. Plus, they are made in only one pot! So little clean-up, you’ll have all that extra time to eat ‘dem brownies!
Chocolatey, chewy, crunchy brownies are downright decadent. I love a good chocolate dessert, and you can’t get anything more classic than brownies. This particular chewy brownies recipe is anything but basic with chopped walnuts and a handful of chocolate chips thrown in. I can’t get enough of them!
These are an adaptation of a recipe my mom has been making since I was a little girl. She got it from her mom. I love recipe traditions like this. Things just aren’t passed down from generation to generation like they used to be. When you find something that was valued by people for so many years before you, you know it must be special.
I love how incredibly easy these are to make, too. There’s no guesswork needed. Everything goes right into the pot and then into the pan to bake. Minimal cleanup is a plus!
Let me know how it goes by leaving a comment or posting on Pinterest, Instagram, or Facebook!
Chewy Brownies with Chopped Walnuts
- medium saucepan
- 9×9 inch pan
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper in order to easily lift the brownies right out of the pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking power, and salt.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized pot on medium-low heat.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the sugar and then stir in the eggs until smooth.
- Add the flour to the cocoa mixture.
- Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.